Machine operator with fluent English
Our client delivers easy to use technologies and services to businesses and governments, authenticating identities and protecting data so they stay safe and enable services in personal devices, connected objects, the cloud and in between.
As an active member of the Cell/Area Team achieve world-class QCD (Quality, Cost and Delivery) performance by rigorously applying standard work, and actively supporting the improvement of the Personalisation processes and machine performance. You will be part of the production team, developing the products on the workflor.
1. Apply standard work to achieve consistent QCD (Quality, Cost and Delivery) performance: Sustain and promote the personalisation system: standard work, quality standards, Health and Safety procedures. (80%)
2. Sustain Cell/area and machine conditions: 5S, autonomous maintenance, trouble-shooting. (10%)3. Actively contribute to improvement activities to achieve world-class QCD results: PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) / DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve, Control) problem solving teams, improve 5S and work standards, proposing and implementing improvements. (10%)
• Intimate understanding of customer-supplier link: Knows the needs of all of his/her internal and external customers and his/her own role in fulfilling these, including performance and quality requirements, information exchanges and dependencies. Knows his/her requirements as an internal customer.
• Understands and able to run to standard all machines and processes in their Cell/area (Skill Level: Team Member), and an additional Cell/area (Skill Level: Senior Team Member).
• Understands and able to use cell metrics, where applicable. Can explain their links to operations/business objectives and how they can be used to drive process improvement.
• Able to maintain the machines so that they are clean and in excellent working condition, identify and fix faults (increasing complexity according to Skills Level).
• Level 3 NVQ (or equivalent) in Engineering Maintenance (Skill Level: Expert (Tech)). 1-2 years of experience as a Machine Operator is required.
More information about this job >
Respond to this job by email >
Shifts: 6.15 – 14.15 and 12:30 – 21:00.
The company offers a competitive salary and good secondary benefits.