Projectleader Shipbuilding Engineering
The function aims to achieve the required quantitative and qualitative output of the project in accordance with the requirements and standards of the organization and the customer specifications.
More information about this job >
Respond to this job by email >
Generation of information packages for the shipbuilding, outfitting and paint production departments as well as for the purchasing department within the pré-defined requirements and conditions.
- The information package mainly consists of CAD drawings, either initially designed in 3D (Catia V5 or Rhino 5) or 2D (AutoCAD 2015).
- Starting point is the basic naval architect design package. Together with your engineering and production colleagues, you convert this package into detailed structural and outfitting drawings, weight calculations, CNC preparation and material requests orders.
-Key element in the entire process is to manage the information flows; means taking care that information necessary to be integrated in your project is there in time, but also available for other departments. Due to the short leading times of our projects, this means every day attention and good flexible, problem identifying & solving and stress resistant skills. A constant switch between a very focussed/detailed and company-wide helicopter view is very important.
- Supervising your project engineering team and ensuring optimal deployment and availability of required skills and resources.
- This process starts with making a detailed project work schedule including relating hour budgets, which has to be weekly monitored and reported. The main budget is already determined.
- In consultation with your colleague shipbuilding engineering project leaders, you assign work tasks (and budget hours) to your own team and monitor their progress.
HTS (institute of technology) Shipbuilding or HTS education level in combination with relevant work experience.
AutoCAD, Rhino and of course, thorough knowledge of computers.
Written and spoken English.
Proven experience in shipbuilding (main and detailed) engineering, supervising, budget control.