Is it your strength to write down the best way to manufacture and service our machines in the factory and field and describe unambiguously the procedures necessary to do so? Do you understand how to translate technical details to executable steps and clear pictures? Do you like to work together with engineers and enjoy writing procedures according to the predefined standard? Then the job of technical author for Manufacturing and Equipment Engineering might be just the one for you!
You will be working in the department Mechanical Architecture, where you are responsible to create and maintain the technical communication needed to build and service our machines in the factory and field, based on the input of the manufacturing and equipment engineers. Your support structurally improves the quality and usability of our procedures.
• Convert input from engineers and/or development documentation into effective technical documentation for the companies’ products according to the specifications and standards.
• Create and modify procedures for factory and service operations.
• Create and make changes to illustrations and convert illustrations to the required publishing format.
• Use documentation tools and apply the companies’ style to the created or modified documents.
• Specify requirements concerning illustrations, technical input or user feedback.
• Signal problems with technical documentation and propose scenarios for solutions or escalate.
• Acts as a first point of contact on issues with documentation relating to the various projects and for handling incoming comments.
Education and Experience
• Master or bachelor degree in a technical area and trained as a technical author.
• Proven work experience as a Technical Author.
• Experience in the use of CMS and XML authoring is preferred.
• Fluent in written English.
• Broad technical and business knowledge.
• Good one-on-one communication skills.
• Focused on quality, continuous improvement.
• Team player.
• Affinity with installations and interconnections.
The right candidate will be provided a challenging and varied position in a professional, high-tech environment. An appropriate salary, future prospects and excellent benefits are evident. After a period of secondment and functioning properly, you can be contracted by our client.
Do you feel you are the most suitable person for this position or do you have any further questions.
Send your CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Help or call (+31)40 401 5200 and ask for Maurits Grootegoed.
More information about this job >
Respond to this job by email >