Looking for a job in the Netherlands?
We have a special theme at this year’s fair: 'Jobs for Expats'. The theme is designed for visitors who are pursuing an international career in the Netherlands.
Come to the Expat Fair and explore the career opportunities currently on offer in the south of the Netherlands.
Employers, experts and recruiters will be on hand to help expats wishing to build a professional network, continue their education, pursue their career or succeed as an entrepreneur. It’s designed to be much more than just a career event.
Follow the carefully placed signs and fair floorplan to discover the employment stands at the event. There will be experts ready to answer your career-related questions and exhibitors ready to help with your recruitment queries. Grasp strategic networking moments by the hand and mingle with specialists from major industries. Find everything you need to succeed in the Dutch job market under one roof at the Expat Fair.
Expats are an essential component of the Dutch workforce, and office life has its cultural quirks.
- The Dutch workforce is internationally oriented, highly educated and multilingual.
- Workers’ rights are strongly protected, and unemployment is at 6 percent (July 2016).
- Demand for highly skilled workers remains high and there are incentives for international employees, such as the 30 percent ruling (a tax benefit scheme), and a fast-track immigration programme for highly skilled migrants and entrepreneurs.
- The GVVA (gecombineerde vergunning voor verblijf en arbeid) is a single permit that combines the residence and work permit into one so employers no longer need to apply for a separate work permit for labour migrants.
- Under the ‘Modern Migration Policy Act, if a worker needs a Dutch entry visa (MVV) and/or residence permit, their employer in the Netherlands can apply on the employee’s behalf while they are still abroad, with fast-track applications possible for companies that are ‘recognised’ by the IND (www.ind.nl has a list).
Check out the exhibitors at the Expat Fair about Jobs for Expats.